Friday, May 9, 2008

today was a really nice day

09 - chloe

09 - dandelion

09 - hello bough

(click the pictures to see MASSIVE versions.)


today was a really nice day considering nothing really happened.

last night i went to an orientation for a volunteer position i am interested in. i'm really excited to start. after i got home, i took a bath, read a little and went to bed with wet hair around midnight.

this morning i was woken up by the phone. my hair was gigantic, so it's a good thing it was just the phone and not someone at the door. phone lady said that my references haven't emailed her yet and to please get on that. so i called my aunt at work and she was like omgiamsobusygoingtocourtbye. i emailed my other reference and she faxed it in asap. she's so nice.

i cleaned my kitchen sort of and made embarrassingly empty soy tacos. i haven't been grocery shopping in like a week and a half, and i decided to make a diet change in the middle of that somewhere, so it's a good thing my aunt sent home a thousand pounds of veg penne with me from that baby shower on sunday. the bowl finally emptied today. it's also a good thing i bought organic peanut butter when i went shopping with her on saturday because i ran out of my old pb a few days ago. i think i need my own car so i can easily go shopping any time i want. i can be shopping right now. how amazing. i think i'm going to make and try pasta salad for the first time tomorrow. i bought some frozen diced vegetables the other day and this vegan book i was reading has a nice recipe in it that seems simple enough. this will be a year of trying new things. i've been stuck in a lettuce-tomato-cucumber rut for too many years.

after lunch, i cleaned up my room a bit, but books are still all over the place. the other day i took everything out of my book shelf and put it into specific piles on the floor all over my room. it's been like that for maybe two weeks now? i suck. i took pictures of my room for this lj community and i took pictures of my chloe cat because she is cute.

after that, i went to the library to return House of Leaves. i didn't get very far in that book because the His Dark Materials series took over my life. i started the third book on the bus going downtown yesterday. it's such a good series. anyway, i also went to the library to pick up the two vegan cookbooks i had put a hold on the other day. they're called How It All Vegan and The Garden of Vegan: How It All Vegan Again. the writers are young, hip, open minded girls who remind me of Tegan and Sara (one is actually named Sarah and the other's name starts with a T, so it makes sense, lol.) i also took out You Are Your Choices and Th!nk, which is a rebuttal to Bl!nk, which i haven't read because it sounds kind of dumb anyway. the weather was really nice and the sky was blue, so i sat under this tree and read the first few pages of the first vegan book. it was nice, but ants are annoying.

i walked home while reading more of the first book and waved to my neighbours. andrew, whom i've haven't seen in a year or two, called me and i thought he was dan at first. he told me about this eight person play at riverside in a few weeks. i am excited for it. it's nice that he called.

my aunt finally called me around 9:30 to tell me that she didn't get any emails from me. i asked her a million times if she checked her spam or junk folders. she was like, "what does that even mean?!?" and then she went on about how it says Spam and not Sam or Spamantha. needless to say, by the end of it all, she had four copies of my email, from two different accounts and in two or three different folders. (my aunt decided at 50 to go to a business college and become a legal assistant =|)

all in all, i had a really nice day.

ps. did anyone watch 20/20 tonight? it just showed a couple in bed with their macbooks' apple logos lighting up the room as they bid on weird politic stocks at intrade.com. it was sort of cute, lol.

No comments: